Skip to main content

Your backup is from a different version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation and cannot be restored to a server running the current version. The backup file should be restored to a server with version '14.0.0.5050' or later

SharePoint Restore Error: Your backup is from a different version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation and cannot be restored to a server running the current version. The backup file should be restored to a server with version '14.0.0.5050' or later.
I had needed to move my dev environment from one Virtual machine to another. So I took backup from source server and tried to restore the backup in new server. However, I have got the error “Your backup is from a different version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation and cannot be restored to a server running the current version. The backup file should be restored to a server with version '14.0.0.5050' or later.” I was totally confused as I had the same version of SharePoint in both server. Then I double checked the version and it was 14.0.4762.1000 for both servers.

Getting confused I googled and found that solution. This is a bug which is fixed by SharePoint 2010 August cumulative update. The updates are available in the following link:

For SharePoint Foundation http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2266423
For SharePoint Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2276339


After installing the updated the error gone…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint Game Webpart

http://spgameoflifewebpart.codeplex.com/ Goal: The Game of Life web part was created for a talk I presented at SharePoint Saturday New York in 2009. At the time, SharePoint 2010 was still in Beta and most people hadn't see the Enterprise Metadata Management (taxonomy) features. I used the Game of Life web part as an introduction to the new taxonomy API. I offered to provide the code, so here it is. Requirements ----------------------- - SharePoint Server 2010 with Enterprise Features - Visual Studio 2010 (inc. SharePoint tools) Setup ----------------------- 1. Add your account as a Term Store Administrator. This right is independent to Site Collection Administrator or Farm Administrator status. To open the Term Store Management Tool go to Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Administartion > Term Store Management. You can also  open the same interface from Central Administration > Manage Service Applications > Managed Metadata Service. 2. Run the sol...

CAML Query Helper Class

http://sharepointcamlhelper.codeplex.com/ https://camldotnet.svn.codeplex.com/svn/JohnHolliday.Caml.Net/CAML.cs CAMLManager mgr = new CAMLManager(); mgr.QueryGroups.Add(new QueryGroup("Title", Types.FieldTypes.Text, Types.QueryTypes.Eq, "A Title")); mgr.QueryGroups.Add(new QueryGroup(Types.JoinTypes.Or, "Title", Types.FieldTypes.Text, Types.QueryTypes.Eq, "Another Title")); mgr.QueryGroups.Add(new QueryGroup(Types.JoinTypes.And, QueryGroup.MergeTypes.Contain, "Total", Types.FieldTypes.Number, Types.QueryTypes.Geq, "2")); string caml = mgr.GetCAML(); Will provide the following: <Where>   <And>     <Or>       <Eq>         <FieldRef Name="Title" /><Value Type="Text">A Title</Value>       </Eq>       <Eq>         <FieldRef Name="Title" /><Value Type="Text">Another Title</Value>     ...

Globally Reusable Workflow in SharePoint 2010

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sharepoint/ReusableWFsSharePoint2010.aspx http://www.khamis.net/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=18 Video: Publish globally reusable workflows in SharePoint Designer 2010